Leveraging Local Funds
A number of local sources can be cultivated to help fund local after-school programs. The Afterschool Alliance has identified resources to identify them.
- School District
- City or County General Fund
- Youth Services Bureaus
- Parks and Recreation Departments
- Sheriff 's Office
- Foundations: National, State and Community
- Chamber of Commerce
- Police Athletic League
- Volunteer Center
- Staff Time from a Community Organization
- Evaluations Conducted by Universities
- Fundraising Consultation by a Business
- Special Events Ads by Local Media
Michigan After-School Partnership is proudly part of the United Way network, and many local United Way offices provide resources for children's programming. Be sure to contact your local United Way team to find out more information.
Community Foundations provide a simple, powerful, and highly personal approach to giving. They offer a variety of giving tools to help people achieve their charitable goals – and create lasting good work in their communities.