The Michigan After-School Initiative (MASI) Report – Download Michigan’s first statewide report on after-school.
Issue Briefs: Learn more about the need for after-school, outcomes of after-school, the 21st CCLC program model, and related topics such as literacy, rural communities, youth with special needs, university partnerships and more.
2013 Michigan Afterschool Fact Sheet provides the latest update in After-School in Michigan by the Afterschool Alliance, with information about federal funding streams and the need for quality after-school in Michigan
The Michigan After-School Partnership Fact Sheet provides relevant data on after-school including information regarding how high-quality after-school programs:
- Improve student achievement
- Keep kids healthy and safe
- Reduce the cost of child care, welfare, and crime
Other research resources:
- Child Care and Early Education Research Connections
- Harvard Family Research Project
- National Institute on Out-of-School Time (NIOST)
- Promising Practices in Afterschool
- Building and Sustaining After-School Programs - Successful Practice in School Board Leadership