What is Quality?
To support programs and communities in understanding and identifying quality programs by providing research, resources and links to valuable web-sites and professional development opportunities.
Research has shown that the relationship between well-trained staff and program quality is significant, and professional development plays a critical role in supporting quality after-school programs.
MASP and its partners support the professional development infrastructure in Michigan by:
- Backing a system of training and other professional development opportunities
- Linking training opportunities to current statewide systems
- Ensuring that after-school programs are recognized and supported at statewide committees and conferences
- Supporting the development of an After-School Certificate and Credential Program based on core competencies
- Increasing awareness of the components of quality after-school programs